Drostanolone propionate (Masteron propionate )
- Name : Drostanolone propionate
- Accession Number : DB14655 (DBSALT001342)
- Type : Small Molecule
- Groups : Approved, Illicit
- Description : Not Available
- 17β-Hydroxy-2α-methyl-5α-androstan-3-one propionate
- 2α-Methyl-4,5-dihydrotestosterone propionate
- Blackburn Compound
- Dromostanolone propionate
- Testosterone, 4,5α-dihydro-2α-methyl-, propionate
- External IDs
- Re 346 / RS 1567
- International/Other Brands
- Drolban (Lilly) / Masteril (Syntex) / Masteron (Recordati)
- UNII : X20UZ57G4O
- CAS number : 521-12-0
- Weight : Average: 360.538
- Chemical Formula : C23H36O3
- InChI Key : NOTIQUSPUUHHEH-UXOVVSIBSA-N
- InChI : InChI=1S/C23H36O3/c1-5-21(25)26-20-9-8-17-16-7-6-15-12-19(24)14(2)13-23(15,4)18(16)10-11-22(17,20)3/h14-18,20H,5-13H2,1-4H3/t14-,15+,16+,17+,18+,20+,22+,23+/m1/s1
- IUPAC Name : (1S,3aS,3bR,5aS,8R,9aS,9bS,11aS)-8,9a,11a-trimethyl-7-oxo-hexadecahydro-1H-cyclopenta[a]phenanthren-1-yl propanoate
- SMILES : [H][C@@]12CC[C@H](OC(=O)CC)[C@@]1(C)CC[C@@]1([H])[C@@]2([H])CC[C@@]2([H])CC(=O)[C@H](C)C[C@]12C
- For use in females, for palliation of androgenresponsive recurrent mammary cancer in women who are more than one year but less than five years postmenopausal.
- Dromostanolone is a synthetic androgen, or male hormone, similar to testosterone. Dromostanolone works by attaching itself to androgen receptors; this causes it to interact with the parts of the cell involved in the making of proteins. It may cause an increase in the synthesis of some proteins or a decrease in the synthesis of others. These proteins have a variety of effects, including blocking the growth of some types of breast cancer cells, stimulating cells that cause male sexual characteristics, and stimulating the production of red blood cells.
- Mechanism of action
- Dromostanolone is a synthetic androgenic anabolic steroid and is approximately 5 times as potent as natural methyltestosterone. Like testosterone and other androgenic hormones, dromostanolone binds to the androgen receptor. This causes downstream genetic transcriptional changes. This ultimately causes retention of nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus; increases protein anabolism; and decreases amino acid catabolism. The antitumour activity of dromostanolone appears related to reduction or competitive inhibition of prolactin receptors or estrogen receptors or production.
- Absorption : Well absorbed following parenteral administration.
- Volume of distribution : Not Available
- Protein binding : Not Available
- Metabolism : Not Available
- Route of elimination : Not Available
- Half life : Not Available
- Clearance : Not Available
- Toxicity : Side effects include virilization (masculine traits in women), acne, fluid retention, and hypercalcemia.
- Affected organisms : Not Available
- Pathways : Not Available
- Pharmacogenomic Effects/ADRs : Not Available
- Drug Interactions
ADDITIONAL DATA AVAILABLE
Extended description of the mechanism of action and particular properties of each drug interaction.
A severity rating for each drug interaction, from minor to major.
EVIDENCE LEVELEvidence Level
A rating for the strength of the evidence supporting each drug interaction.
An effect category for each drug interaction. Know how this interaction affects the subject drug.
- Food Interactions
- Not Available
- General References : Not Available
- External Links
- Clinical Trials : Not Available
- Manufacturers : Not Available
- Packagers : Not Available
- Dosage forms : Not Available
- Prices : Not Available
- Patents : Not Available
- State : Not Available
- Experimental Properties : Not Available
- Predicted Properties
PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE Water Solubility 0.000631 mg/mL ALOGPS logP 4.76 ALOGPS logP 5.1 ChemAxon logS -5.8 ALOGPS pKa (Strongest Basic) -6.9 ChemAxon Physiological Charge 0 ChemAxon Hydrogen Acceptor Count 2 ChemAxon Hydrogen Donor Count 0 ChemAxon Polar Surface Area 43.37 Å2 ChemAxon Rotatable Bond Count 3 ChemAxon Refractivity 101.96 m3·mol-1 ChemAxon Polarizability 43.19 Å3 ChemAxon Number of Rings 4 ChemAxon Bioavailability 1 ChemAxon Rule of Five No ChemAxon Ghose Filter Yes ChemAxon Veber’s Rule No ChemAxon MDDR-like Rule No ChemAxon
- Predicted ADMET features : Not Available
- Mass Spec (NIST) : Not Available
- Spectra ; Not Available
- This compound belongs to the class of organic compounds known as steroid esters. These are compounds containing a steroid moiety which bears a carboxylic acid ester group.
- Kingdom : Organic compounds
- Super Class : Lipids and lipid-like molecules
- Class : Steroids and steroid derivatives
- Sub Class : Steroid esters
- Direct Parent : Steroid esters
- Alternative Parents : Androgens and derivatives / 3-oxo-5-alpha-steroids / Cyclic ketones / Carboxylic acid esters / Monocarboxylic acids and derivatives / Organic oxides / Hydrocarbon derivatives
- Substituents : Steroid ester / Androgen-skeleton / Androstane-skeleton / 3-oxosteroid / 3-oxo-5-alpha-steroid / Oxosteroid / Cyclic ketone / Carboxylic acid ester / Ketone / Carboxylic acid derivative
- Molecular Framework : Aliphatic homopolycyclic compounds
- External Descriptors : steroid ester (CHEBI:31523)